Tuesday, February 16, 2010

pans, pans, pans

So, the pans arrived. And I have cooked in them a couple of times, but haven't made a full course meal yet. We've just been too busy to really have something complicated, so it's been simple fare around here. What little I have done with them has been wonderful. I love the sizes of the pans, the glass lids and the silicone handles that don't get hot.

The one closest to the bottom of the photo is my favorite. It has two small handles on the side and is a great size for just about everything. I can fit four hamburgers in there, lots of potstickers or a huge batch of scrambled eggs.

I'm excited about the idea of being able to cook and prepare homemade baby food when the time comes, but I will need a better food processor by then. I don't have the fantasy that I will cook and prepare every meal that my children eat, but I think it would be fun to include homemade things when I can.

Oh, but I can't put these pans in the dishwasher. It voids the warranty. So handwashing all the way with these babies.

And I know it was a random kind of valentine gift to get, but it's what I wanted. I was so excited the day they arrived and lovingly unwrapped the pans and spread them all out on the island. I even told one of the pans that I loved it. Charlie laughed.

Yay, pans!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Yay for pans!!
They're beautiful pans and worthy of a little love.

Happy cooking!

redeemed diva said...

those are very classy looking pans