Thursday, February 25, 2010

taking a blog break

I began this blog to unload my emotions and connect with other women, and I have enjoyed that connection immensely. I am almost at 300 posts and cannot believe I have written that much in the few years that I have been doing this. The problem right now is that my heart isn't really here anymore, it's at my other blog, my adoption and infertility blog. I don't really dump all that stuff off here, and most of my readers over there are in the same boat. I've recently really become involved in the lives of the community I've created over there, and it feels good.

This blog has never really had a niche. I don't have a theme or a topic to post about all the time. And my life isn't interesting enough to write about without some kind of point of view. My friend Alison creates hilarious and sarcastic posts about her life, which she calls mundane, but I crack up over every day.

I don't have kids to post about yet. I'm not inspirational. I crafty, but I don't craft enough to post about it day after day. Plus, I have a job outside the home that wears me out day after day.

I just need to take a break. If you don't want to follow me over there, that's okay. If you don't want to read about my longing for a baby, and the struggles to get there, that's fine. If you do want to still keep up with me, the blog address is www.fromthestork.blogspot.com or click HERE.

Just so you know, I'll still post any major developments over here with regards to a baby and an adoption, so you can hear the news when it happens. I hope you're all okay with me taking a break, and aren't too upset. I don't think you will be, since I haven't posted much in the past month, and when I receive little comment.

5 comments:

fostergirlsandfamily said...

I love reading and following both your blogs and will continue to do so----YOU DESERVE A BREAK in more than one way...LOVE YA

Alison said...

I'll follow you anywhere, friend.
Don't stress yourself out, take all the time you need, but just know that I will definitely keep reading on your other blog. My fingers are permanently crossed that good things will happen SOON!

Love you!

Maria said...

I'm so glad you're going to be where your soul is being fed. This waiting phase takes a lot out of you and I'm sure conserving your time and energy will be good for you. (Keeping up one blog is exhausting - much less two!) I really wish I discovered this blog world (especially regarding IF and adoption) when I was new to it several years back. What a blessing for you.

redeemed diva said...

I'm following your other one! Enjoy your blog break from here. And please keep leaving your comments on Messy Thrilling life blog. I find those insightful and fun!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sissy,

My name is Lucy and I am with A Act of Love Adoption Agency. We would love to help you adopt a baby. Please call us at 801-572-1696 so we can send you a packet of information. I adopted 3 of my children through A Act of Love. I am here for you if you have any questions or just want to talk more about our services.

Hang in there!

Lucy